Vegan Scrambled “Eggs”
This is a guest post from Carole Gonzalez!
Here’s a quick recipe for you guys! It’s vegan, gluten-free, egg-free, and dairy-free.
6 months and up
- 100 grams (about 1/2 cup) white natural tofu, crumbled with a fork
- coconut oil, for frying
- pinch of turmeric
- small amount of milk (almond, cashew, soy) or water
- chives, chopped
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- optional: salt and pepper
- Heat some coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Fry the tofu with some turmeric for about 3 minutes.
- Add the milk, chives, and almond butter. Fry for a few more minutes.
- Optional for the adults: add some salt and pepper, to taste.
NOTE: For a typical “egg” flavor, you can add some kala namak (or Himalayan black salt).