Sweet Potato Hash
This recipe took a little time, but it was mostly hands off.
First, let me tell you what you’ll need: two sweet potatoes, an onion, a clove of garlic, parsley, paprika, salt, and a little olive oil for cooking.
Peel and dice your sweet potatoes.
Toss the potatoes into a pot, cover them with water, and let them boil 10-15 minutes until they are tender (but not mushy).
Next, I forgot to take pictures…..
Dice your onion and chop your garlic (I ended up using 2 cloves). Saute the onion and garlic in some oil on low heat.
Once they are tender, toss the sweet potatoes into the skillet with them. At this point, sprinkle a little salt and a generous amount of parsley and paprika.
Cook the sweet potatoes until they are a little more tender, and once they reach that stage, crank up the heat! Cook them on high for several more minutes (3-5) until they brown on the outside a little.
We served this with baked salmon, Brussels sprouts, and flaky biscuits.
Also, bear with me for the next few months as I figure out how to take pictures of food! I’m learning, reading articles, following some awesome food bloggers, and I’ll start using something besides my iPhone to take them! Once we get a real dining room table, I’ll be able to step up my game. *thumbs up*
Here is your printable recipe!
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 onion
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- a pinch of salt
- parsley flakes
- olive oil for cooking
- Peel and dice the sweet potatoes.
- Boil them for 10-15 minutes until slightly tender.
- Meanwhile, dice the onion and chop the garlic.
- Saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil on low heat until tender.
- Add the sweet potatoes to the onion and garlic.
- Sprinkle a little salt, paprika, and parsley.
- Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat to high and cook another 3 minutes, turning once or twice so that the sweet potatoes get a little brown.
- We served this with salmon, Brussels sprouts, and biscuits (scones).