Sunflower Chicken Strips
These chicken strips were tender and delicious and perfect for grabby little baby hands.
First, start with these ingredients: chicken breasts, sunflower seeds unsalted, ghee (or butter), 2 eggs, and some all-purpose seasoning.
Preheat your oven to 350F.
Stick a cup of sunflower seeds into a blender or food processor. Don’t overdo it, though, or you’ll end up with sunflower butter (like peanut butter)!
Add a few sprinkles of the all-purpose seasoning to the sunflower flour. If you’re making these for yourself and not your baby, add some salt at this point!
In a bowl, beat the two eggs with about 1 tablespoon of the ghee (or melted butter).
Cut your chicken into strips.
Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
Dip each strip into the egg mixture then the sunflower mixture. Place them into the dish.
Bake for 30 minutes uncovered.
We served ours with homemade spaetzle noodles and steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Here is your printable recipe!
- 1 pound chicken breasts
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- a few teaspoons of all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
- 2 eggs
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Blend the sunflower seeds and mix in the seasoning in one bowl.
- In a second bowl, mix the eggs and ghee.
- Spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.
- Dip the strips into the eggs then the sunflower.
- Place the strips into the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.