Slow Cooker Chicken and Vegetables
- 3-4 chicken thighs*
- 8 ounces of Brussels sprouts
- 8 carrots, peeled and very roughly cut
- 4-5 red potatoes (any sort of potato will work!)
- 1.5 cups low sodium chicken broth (veggie broth would work too)
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp garlic powder (approx!)
- 1/2 ground black pepper (approx!)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (approx!)
- 2 tbsp HONEY — only for babies 12 months and older!**
*You can use boneless skinless thighs. You can use drumsticks as well. Breasts would work too but I can’t guarantee they’ll be as moist.
**I would not use any sort of sugar at all! Just leave out the sweetness altogether!
- Put everything in a slow cooker plus a little water, maybe 1/2 cup or so.
- If your baby is over age 1, add 1 tsp salt!
- Cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- To serve the chicken to your baby, remove the bones and cartilage first!
- Swap out green beans, for the sprouts.
- To serve, just place a little bit of each food in front of baby. Everything is VERY tender!