Sausage, Carrots, Apple, and Zoodles (A Video)
A surprisingly tasty combination.
I love a one-skillet dish, but I don’t usually make things like that. I was pretty excited to come up with this one! You technically need one skillet, one cutting board, one knife, one vegetable peeler, and one spiralizer. You can use a bowl if you want, but that’s not 100% necessary.
Anyway…. here’s the text recipe with a little more information than the video:
SAUSAGE, CARROTS, APPLE, AND ZOODLES
Makes 4 adult servings; Good for 6 months and up
- 1 T cooking oil (butter, ghee, etc.)
- 2 cooked sausages* (not ground sausage): I used Chicken Apple Sausage from Aidell’s
- 4-5 carrots
- 2 apples (I used two different kinds!)
- 4 zucchini/courgette
- 1 tsp salt (omit if baby is under 1 year)
*Sausage is a choking hazard unless it is cut lengthwise.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add the salt at this point, if you’re using it.
- Cut the sausage in half lengthwise, then again into diagonal pieces.
- Cook the sausage in the skillet.
- While the sausage cooks, peel the carrots.
- Slice the carrots in half lengthwise, then diagonally (same as the sausage!).
- Add the carrots to the skillet.
- Peel the apples, then chop them.
- Once the carrots have cooked at least 5 minutes, add the apples.
- While the apples cook, spiralize the zucchini (or cut it into slices or chunks, if you don’t have a spiralizer… I used a Veggetti in the video).
- Add the zoodles and combine everything. Cook it all down for about 10 minutes, or until the noodles are the desired tenderness.