Here’s an easy way to enjoy the tastes of the season!
I put Alexander’s into a reusable food pouch, from ReSqueeze.
PUMPKIN SPICE SMOOTHIE
Makes 1 adult and 1 baby smoothie; Good 6 months and up
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk of choice (or 1/2 milk, 1/2 water)
- 1 frozen banana (you don’t have a frozen banana? Use a fresh banana + 2-3 ice cubes)
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- a pinch each of ground ginger and ground nutmeg
- Put everything (see step 3 if your baby is under 9 months!) into a blender or food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- If your baby is younger than 9 months, I would start with less liquid and make a thicker smoothie. That way, baby can eat it with a preloaded spoon. If your baby is older, you can add the amount of liquid mentioned, and it will be drinkable/pourable.
- Pour the mixture into a food pouch or cup with a straw.
NOTES. Make this ahead and pop it into the freezer. It takes a little while to thaw, FYI! You can also pour the mixture into ice pop molds and serve little ice pops later.