Pumpkin Fettuccine Alfredo
Here’s a savory, simple meal that’s got a hidden veggie! Perfect. And it pairs really nicely with the 3-ingredient pumpkin flatbread I shared a few days.
I used scissors to cut the noodles smaller for Alexander’s portion.
PUMPKIN FETTUCCINE ALFREDO
Serves 2 adults and 1 baby; Good 7-8 months and up (see notes)
- 8 ounces fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup (approximately) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook the pasta!
- While it cooks, in a small skillet on medium-high heat, dump the butter, milk, garlic, pumpkin, and about half of the Parmesan.
- Let the sauce cook through until it gets bubbly.
- When the pasta is finished cooking, strain it into a mixing bowl (or you can leave it in the pot after straining).
- Dump the sauce on top of the pasta and toss it to combine.
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top of individual plates.
BEGINNERS. It’s easy to find gluten-free pasta if you need that. You can also use dairy-free butter (or use ghee) and non-dairy milk. Leave out the Parmesan if your baby can’t have dairy and just add some to individual plates. Another note: Parmesan is salty! If your baby is just starting with solids, I would omit it entirely in the sauce and simply sprinkle some on your own plate at the end. If baby is a little older, just serve it up as noted here.