Egg-Free Breakfast Ideas
I love eggs! But not everyone can have them, and some people just don’t enjoy them. If you’ve followed me a while on Instagram, you’ll see that most of my breakfast ideas do include eggs. After many people asked me for egg-free breakfast ideas, I decided to reach out to a friend of mine who is vegan. He had several great ideas that I’d like to share with you! And I’m adding my own ideas after his.
1. Breakfast Tacos
Start by crumbling tofu. Then sauté it with a handful of vegetables! Wrap everything in a flour tortilla, or eat it without a tortilla.
A smoothie is a quick, easy way to include fruits and vegetables in your baby’s diet. You can add whole, almond, or coconut milk as well. I love strawberry, banana, and spinach, plus almond milk.
3. Pancakes or Waffles
Here’s a modified recipe that you can use for pancakes or waffles! Mix the following together:
- 1 cup all-purpose or gluten-free flour
- 1 spoonful of unsweetened applesauce (or sweetener of choice, but you guys know how I feel about added sugar!) OR 1/2 banana, mashed
- 1 tbsp baking powder (this helps make them fluffy)
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup milk (almond, coconut, or soy)
Heat some oil in a skillet, griddle, or on a waffle maker. Pour the mixture onto the hot pan and let it cook 2-3 minutes per side.
4. Pinwheels (Recipe)
5. Apple Cinnamon Muffins (Recipe)
These muffins are egg-free and also allergy-friendly. But you don’t have to make yours gluten and dairy free; you can just leave out the egg. They’re so good!
6. Broccoli Cheese Biscuits (Recipe)
7. Apple Turnovers (Recipe)
Flaky and buttery. So good. Easy to make ahead!
8. Sweet Potato, Carrot, and Apple Hash (Recipe)
This is customizable. Leave out the carrot. Leave out the apple. It’s a nice addition to any meal, but we like it for breakfast!
9. Breakfast Cookies (Recipe)
A simple, make-ahead recipe that you can serve instead of pancakes. Add some fresh fruit, bacon, and sausage, and voila!