Easy Veggie Quiche
Okay I goofed up when I made this the first time.
I’m not gonna lie to you guys.
This quiche that’s pictured is missing an ingredient. But I made it again! And it was way better the second time. So just follow THIS recipe and pretend the pictures are exactly correct. 😀
The ingredients you’ll need for the CRUST are 1 cup of flour, 1/3 cup of shortening (I use Crisco), and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. You’ll also need a little water.
The ingredients you’ll need for the inside are 6 eggs, a handful of cheese, a handful of vegetables (I used a pre-shredded mixture of Brussels sprouts, cabbage, and kale), and 3/4 cup of milk.
Since I forgot the milk the first time I made it, I just added milk to the picture, in case you can’t see it in your head.
Preheat your oven to 375F.
Now, make your crust! I really like making crust these days.
Mix the crust ingredients with your hands (okay, you can use some sort of kitchen tool, but I like getting my hands messy). You’ll add some water a little at a time, until you get a big ball of dough. It shouldn’t really be sticking to your hands at that point.
Our rolling pin is in a moving box right now! So I used my hands to “roll out” the dough on a floured surface.
Mix the inside ingredients in a bowl. Then sprinkle your cheese onto the crust and pour the insides on top of it.
Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes, until it doesn’t jiggle anymore!
Here’s your printable recipe:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1/3 cup of shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 handful of shredded cheese
- 1 handful of chopped vegetables of your choice
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup of milk
- Mix the flour, shortening, and salt with a little water.
- Knead together until a ball of dough forms.
- Roll it out onto a floured surface and transfer it to a baking dish.
- Mix the eggs, veggies, and milk in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the crust.
- Pour the mixture on top of the cheese.
- Bake at 375F for about 30 minutes.
- I cut mine into 6 slices, wrap each slice in foil, and stick them in the fridge!