Easy Burger Scramble (A Recipe)
This particular recipe is a quick one. It will certainly go on my weekly, easy repertoire. It’s pretty much fool proof!
Fine for 6 months and up, makes 3-4 adult servings
- 1 russet potato
- olive oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1-1.5 zucchini squash
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 12-15 cherry tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Slice the potato into discs. Drizzle them with a little olive oil (just enough so they don’t stick to the pan). Place them in a layer onto a wire cooling rack, inside of a baking sheet. Stick them in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the zucchini into chunks. You can use strips if your baby is younger. Cut the cherry tomatoes into half, lengthwise.
- Heat a little oil in a skillet. Brown the beef.
- Just as it starts to brown (even if it’s a little pink still), toss the zucchini into the pot. Add the seasonings and stir.
- Cook that down for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add the tomatoes, and stir. Then remove the skillet from the heat.
- Once the potatoes are done, remove them. I placed two potato discs in a bowl, then dumped the rest of the food on top.
- For Alexander, I placed one potato disc on his tray and then a big spoonful of the other stuff.