Daily Meals for April 3, 2015
- 1 soft-boiled egg
- sautéd apple with cinnamon
- Brussels sprouts shredded and cooked with bacon
- Chipotle burrito bowl with rice, chicken, corn, salsa, and guacamole (he shared with me!)
- IZZE sparkling blackberry (just fruit juice and sparkling water)
- white rice
- seared then baked chicken (with FlavorGod “everything” seasoning only)
- sautéd asparagus
- As always, the whole egg is fine as long as there’s no family history of egg allergy!
- To sauté the apple: Peel and slice the apple as thin as you want (I like it pretty thin, like 1/2 cm). Toss in a little cinnamon (I used 1 teaspoon per apple). Heat some coconut oil or butter in a skillet on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Bacon is salty! Limit it at first. We don’t offer it too much, and Alexander is older.
- The sprouts? I stuck them into a food processor until they were tiny. Once the bacon was crispy, I added the sprouts and a touch of oil to the pan and cooked them down for about 10 minutes.
- To make rice stick together, try adding a little bit of melted cheese and squish it into a ball. OR use short-grain rice, which is more likely to stick together.