I’m so excited to be partnering with some great companies for this giveaway! The few giveaways I have done in the past have been one or two winners. This time around, I’m having 6 winners. So more chances to win something!
UPDATE: With SurveyMonkey, I can only see the first 100 responses! I have just passed that number. Thanks so much for your feedback! As always, I really appreciate it.
Here are a few things I took away from this:
Thanks to one of my followers, I now have a better understanding of what a “galette” is. So these are banana galettes!
MINI BANANA GALETTES
Makes 5-6, Okay 6 months+
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder (optional)
- pinch of salt
- 3 tbsp cold butter or shortening
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp cold milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- chocolate chips, optional
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Cut in the shortening.
- In a separate bowl, mix the egg and milk. Pour in about 2/3 of the mixture, a little at a time, until a nice ball of dough forms.
- Place the dough in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Cut the banana into small pieces.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Place about a golf ball sized amount of dough in your hand and press it flat onto the baking sheet. Repeat for all the dough.
- Spread a little almond butter on each disc. Put a few pieces of banana, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and (optional) chocolate chips or coconut flakes.
- Fold up the sides of the dough and get it as close to closed as you can.
- Spread the remainder of the egg+milk wash on top of them.
- Bake for 18 minutes (should look like a biscuit/scone).
Whether or not you are celebrating this weekend, I wish you a happy and healthy and fun-filled weekend. In the spirit of Easter, we had a small egg hunt for Alexander (in the backyard). I also hid a few eggs for Cameron… I’ll show you what was inside in just a second. We took family pictures on new-ish, matching outfits. And of course, I made an Easter-themed breakfast.