I don’t really like giving juice to Alexander because it’s so easy to drink a ton of it quickly, and I’d rather he just eat the fruit. He gets juice probably once a month, as a treat (like if I’m going to Starbucks for a treat, he gets a treat too, and it happens to be apple juice!).
You know how sometimes you make a recipe, it’s awesome, and then you forget about it? Then way down the road, you make it again and think, “DANG that’s awesome. Again. Why the heck did I wait so long to make it again?”
- 3-4 chicken thighs*
- 8 ounces of Brussels sprouts
- 8 carrots, peeled and very roughly cut
- 4-5 red potatoes (any sort of potato will work!)
- 1.5 cups low sodium chicken broth (veggie broth would work too)
- 3/4 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 tsp garlic powder (approx!)
- 1/2 ground black pepper (approx!)
- 1 tsp dried oregano (approx!)
- 2 tbsp HONEY — only for babies 12 months and older!**
*You can use boneless skinless thighs. You can use drumsticks as well. Breasts would work too but I can’t guarantee they’ll be as moist.
**I would not use any sort of sugar at all! Just leave out the sweetness altogether!
My husband and I love avocado. Alexander did not even try avocado for a FULL YEAR. Seriously… he was 18 months, and I tried giving him avocado for the 1,000th time. And he ate it! It was a good day.