Almond Butter Pancakes
Must. must. must. try.
These are so good. If your baby has a tree nut allergy, you can try sunflower butter OR peanut butter (if peanuts aren’t an issue).
If your baby has an egg allergy, add an extra half of a banana. OR use a flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax seeds + 3 tbsp warm water).
ALMOND BUTTER PANCAKES
Fine 6 months+ (pending no allergies); makes 6 small or 3-4 large pancakes
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed/pureed
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp almond butter (plain, unsalted is preferred)
- 1 tbsp coconut flour (or 1.5 tbsp all-purpose flour)
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- coconut oil, butter, or ghee (for frying)
- Combine everything but the oil/butter. I used a food processor (specifically, the NutriBullet).
- Heat the oil/butter on low heat.
- Pour about 1 tbsp of the mixture at a time (for small pancakes).
- COVER the pan if possible! Flip after 4-5 minutes.
For the syrup:
I simply put 1 tbsp almond butter + 2 tsp pure maple syrup into a microwave-safe container, microwaved for around 1 minute, then stirred the mess out of it. And it turns these into heaven. Seriously.