Allergy-Friendly Apple Cinnamon Mini Muffins
NOTE: I have not had success with these as regular-sized muffins! Either use a mini muffin tin, OR do half a recipe, and fill the regular-sized tin only to halfway.
This is an updated version of one of my most popular recipes for apple cinnamon muffins. The original recipe has no refined sugar. But these updated ones are allergy-friendly: no soy, dairy, gluten, egg, or nuts!
They are super moist and deeeeelicious. Enjoy!
ALLERGY-FRIENDLY APPLE CINNAMON MUFFINS
Makes 18 mini muffins; Good for 6 months and up
- 1.5 cups (340 g) gluten-free flour (regular flour is fine!)
- pinch of salt
- 2 tsp (9.5 g) gluten-free baking powder (if GF necessary)
- 2 tsp (9.5 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (237 mL) unsweetened applesauce (or 1 banana)
- 1/3 cup (79 mL) coconut oil (melted)
- 1 banana
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) unsweetened coconut milk (or almond milk)
- 1 large (or 2 small) apple, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 400 F (204 C).
- Mix the first 3 ingredients (the dry stuff) in a bowl.
- Mix in each wet ingredient (except the grated apple) one by one, careful to not overmix. Just until it’s all incorporated!
- Stir in the grated apple.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with nonstick spray.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until a toothpick or fork comes out cleanly.
Let them cool completely. Place them into a freezer bag or airtight container, and freeze for about 1 month. To reheat, just place in the oven at 350 F (180 C) for 10 minutes.