*UPDATE: Pecan pie bar lady said I can share the recipe. So the updated shopping list plus that recipe are at the bottom.
This is a text-only post, sorry! I just wrote up our menu and shopping list, so I figured I’d share! I can’t (yet) share the pecan pie bars because it was a handwritten recipe from a follower, and I don’t know (yet) if she’s okay with my sharing it. It could be a family recipe!
Anyway, here is the menu, followed by the shopping list. I MAY add the pecan pie bar recipe (and updated shopping list) if I get her permission to do so.
One more thing! Here’s our menu from last year (we were feeding 8 people last year, and this year it’s just the 4 of us): http://www.blwideas.com/our-thanksgiving-menu/
- Roasted turkey breast (smallest possible!) – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/herb-roasted-turkey-breast-recipe.html (I got a digital food thermometer. No need for a roasting pan – a casserole dish + a wire cooling rack also works) – takes about 2 hours for 6-7 pounds, plus 15 minutes before serving
- Cranberry sauce – http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/homemade-cranberry-sauce/
- Sausage ciabatta stuffing – http://www.saveur.com/article/recipes/bouchon-bistro-ciabatta-and-sausage-stuffing
- Slow cooker apple cider – http://sallysbakingaddiction.com/2015/09/26/homemade-apple-cider/
- Garlic mashed potatoes – just boiled potatoes and garlic, mashed with butter, salt, coconut milk (or whatever milk you have)
- Green bean casserole – http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/green-bean-casserole-recipe.html (never made this!)
- Baked sweet potatoes – just sweet potatoes with some melted butter
- Pecan pie bars* (recipe shared last year from a follower)
- Line 9×13 pan with foil (leave overhang to help remove).
- Cream 2/3 cup brown sugar + 1 cup butter until fluffy.
- Add flour and salt until crumbly.
- Press crust into pan. Bake 20 min at 350F.
- Combine 1/2 cup butter, 1 cup brown sugar, honey, and cream in pot. Stir on medium heat. Simmer 1 minute then stir in pecans.
- Pour over crust. Return to oven for 20 min.
- Allow to cool fully. Peel off foil and cut into squares.